Missing “Folder Options” in Windows Xp?

Recently, I came across with a virus, which simply makes you "Folder Options" invisible, and creating great troubles for me. Firstly I thought that it was some windows file that could have gone corrupt, and then i thought of running the setup once again. But when I saw what changes have been made to my registry, I saw a small change, a new DWORD value was created. Changing the value did the trick and i was successfully able to see the Folder Options and do the desired changes. If you are facing this problem too, Here is what I did.

  1. Go to Start –> Run, type Regedit.
  2. Go to HKEY CURRENT USER / SOFTWARE / MICROSOFT / WINDOWS /
    CURRENTVERSION / POLICIES / EXPLORER
  3. You will find a DWORD value "NoFolderOptions" and its value as "1".
  4. Change its value from " 1" to "0".
The folder options should now work properly. If in case you need to hide Folder Options then this is a cool trick as well.